If there ever was a cautionary tale it would be this one! When I was growing up I reached an age right around 11 or so when my friends and I started taking interest in the darker things in life. Things to which we had previously been blinded. We talked in hushed whispers of playing glassy glassy, saying bloody mary 3 times in front of a mirror and experimenting with Tarot. We told ghost and occult stories, the more gruesome the better and we revelled in any subject remotely mysterious. One day having gotten wind of my sudden interests my mother sat me down for a talk. I have never forgotten her words that day and I have stuck by them my entire life. She told me that only people who open themselves to evil influences can be invaded by them and that playing with the occult is an invitation to any entity to take control of our lives.

Djinn is the story the quirky, endearing and vivacious Cindy who embarks on a horrifying and twisted journey the day Sasha her favourite book store owner hands her a book more mysterious than she has ever had the pleasure of laying her hands on before. Cindy who has a penchant for anything occult especially if it is in the form of an ancient tome instantly knows that this book is incredibly special. This book that seems to live up to the name Djinn right off the bat. At this point in the book I was honestly rooting her on, open the book, open the book. Who doesnt want their very own genie in a book that can make their every wish and dream come true? But it seems there are entities out there that do not want Cindy to succeed and will do anything in their power to prevent her from the magic of he Djinn and so starts a ride so dark and hard I was left breathless and shaking at every turn in the story. This was probably one of the most intense, scary and heart breaking books I have ever read and I honestly cannot wait to pick it up and read it all over again just to catch the lil bits I might have missed. If you are familiar with Poppet's unique and heart pounding style of writing then you will not be disappointed in any way shape or form. This is probably one of her best works yet. If you are unfamiliar with her work then Hold on enjoy the ride of a lifetime.

1 comments:

:D Thank you angel.

Post a Comment

About this blog

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.